When hiring a web designer, it’s important to ask the right questions to ensure that you’re getting the best possible service. Here are some of the top questions that people ask when hiring a web designer:
- How much experience do you have? Experience matters in every professional business. The experience a web design firm has can be incredibly valuable, so look for designers or firms who have five or more years of experience. Cymax Media has over 23 years of experience designing and developing websites.
- What kinds of websites have you designed? A wide range of design experience can also be highly valuable. Web designers who have worked on everything from ecommerce websites, medical clinic websites and larger and more complex business websites sites are more likely to be able to build your web site. Cymax Media has built over 1000+ websites across a wide range of industries including: petroleum, small business, eCommerce, healthcare, medical, hi-tech, executive search, investing and more.
- Do you design Mobile Friendly websites? Making sure your new website will be mobile-friendly and works well across multiple displays including: laptops, desktops, ipads and mobile phones is mandatory. Make sure to view some of the websites these designers have built using different devices.
- Can you show me some websites you have designed? A reputable designer or company will be more than happy to share their portfolio of past designs, or even offer testimonials from the customers who received these designs. Cymax Media has a 5 star rating on Google and has hundreds of satisfied clients with websites that are thriving online.
- Can you provide SEO? A website’s design is usually only part of what contributes to its success. Getting top search results via SEO (search engine optimization) is something that is often asked about. However, if your web designer can’t show proof of their SEO successes along with client recommendations they likely won’t be able to help you. Also, its our opinion that 90% of the companies that promote their SEO services are amateurs or even frauds. Cymax Media has been providing successful SEO services for over 15 years to many of our clients – helping them grow their business.
- What is your design process? Understanding how a designer works can help you determine whether they’re a good fit for your project. Cymax Media’s design process is a collaborative process. We listen first and deliver a custom designed solution. We take your input and goals and create a design that is uniquely customized to your company. We invite feedback and client interaction so the final result is something they are excited and proud of.
- What is your pricing structure? Make sure you understand how much you’ll be paying and what services are included in that price. We believe in setting a flat fee for your website. We try to work within our client’s budget and provide clear pricing so there are no surprises. Generally speaking, the larger the website or the more complex the technology the more time and money it will take. Cymax Media doesn’t build cookie cutter websites based on boring templates that everyone else uses – we build custom designed websites. And our pricing is tailored to our client’s budget, the website’s complexity and size.
- What is your timeline for completing the project? Make sure you understand how long it will take to complete the project and what milestones will be met along the way. We provide a timeline in our agreement for all our websites. For most small business websites we can typically get them done within a 3-6 weeks.
- How do you handle revisions? Make sure you understand how many revisions are included in your contract and what the process is for requesting additional revisions. We understand that the web development and design process can be a fluid process. We find that most of the time we are the ones waiting on our clients for content (text and photos). Cymax Media tries to accommodate changes and revisions by being flexible to a reasonable degree. Need to make simple changes to text or photos – no problem. We’ll even show you how to make changes to your website after the website is launched.
- Do you offer any other services? Some designers just offer websites. Cymax Media is a full service digital agency so we offer a wide range of additional services including: logo design, branding, brochure design, photography, video promos, SEO, web hosting, marketing consulting and content development for blogs.
- What happens after the project is complete? We offer several options for clients once a project is complete. Cymax Media offers ongoing web maintenance services, SEO and other marketing services.
We invite you to contact Cymax Media if you’re looking to get a new website for your business or organization. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have and share our 20+ years of knowledge and experience with you!